Covid-19 Process & Procedure Overview
Thank you for your patience as we implement strict patient screening and Covid-19 Safety Processes and Procedures.
Screening Calls: We will be asking you a number of screening questions prior to your visit and when you arrive to your appointment. We will take your temperature before your treatment. Everyone must wear a mask to their appointment. The staff and providers will also be wearing masks.
Screening Questions: CAN YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS? IF SO, PLEASE CALL THE FRONT DESK TO RESCHEDULE YOUR APPOINTMENT OR utilize our telehealth appointment option
- Have you had a fever or any upper respiratory/flu-like symptoms in last 10 days, including chills, body aches, new loss of smell or taste, nasal congestion, cough, severe headache, diarrhea. Even if you have been fully vaccinated, it is possible to get a “breakthrough” Covid-19 infection. If you have symptoms, please reschedule your appointment.
- Do you have a pending Covid-19 test?
- Are you fully vaccinated? If no, see additional screening questions below:
- Have you been directly exposed to a confirmed Covid-19 positive person in last 14 days?
- Have you travelled in the last 10 days?
- Has anyone in your home or close circle had a fever or any possible Covid symptoms in the last 10 days?
These are the additional precautions we are taking to keep you, our staff and providers safe during this unprecedented time.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE (no more than 10 minutes early please!):
1. Wear your mask as you will not be admitted without one. We do have extras, though!
2. Please use the Hand Sanitizer provided on the front porch
3. Please review the screening questions, and as long as you pass the self-screen, you may come directly into the building
4. Enter the building and check in at the front desk for verbal confirmation of screening questions (see below). They will direct you to your waiting area.
5. Your provider will take your temperature prior to treatment
SPECIAL NOTE FOR THOSE TRAVELING OR EXPOSED:
Are you fully vaccinated? (defined as at least 2 weeks after your 2nd Phizer or Moderna or your 1st J & J) According to CDC guidelines, as long you are asymptomatic, you can now skip the 14 day quarantine. If you’d like to skip the quarantine and have traveled and/or been exposed, please bring a copy of your vaccination record for us to scan in, or email it to the front desk at email@example.com.
If you are not fully vaccinated you must still follow the CDC requirements and self-quarantine before returning to the clinic for care.
Payment and Rescheduling: When your visit is over, please check in at the front desk if you need to pay and make future appointments. We can also keep your credit card on file to expedite this process.
Keeping the clinic clean and sanitized: We have instituted extra precautionary measures to ensure that viruses and other pathogens are not spread by contact with surfaces.
H13 HEPA Air Purifiers: Are in use in all treatment areas.
Cancelling your appointment: During the COVID-19 outbreak, we are waiving our cancellation fee for those who need to cancel their appointment at the last minute due to illness. We ask that you please stay home if you have a fever or have had a fever within the last 72 hours, are coughing or sneezing, or showing other signs of illness. We also ask for your patience should we need to re-schedule your appointment. We will do our best to see that you receive the care you need as soon as possible.
Are you sick? How to know if you have COVID-19.
If you have signs of illness, it is likely that you have allergies, the common cold or the flu. If you have a high fever, dry cough, and/or shortness of breath, or two of the more following symptoms: Fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell, contact your primary care physician. They will help determine if you need to be seen immediately and/or given a Covid-19 test. In any case, if you are not well, it is best to stay home and limit your contact with others until you are healthy again.